Code of Conduct
This is a code of conduct for the Open Dharma Community.
Open Dharma Online Community
- The community is not a suitable replacement for a sangha. It is for talking about practice and challenges.
- The goal is to connect practicioners with an authentic sangha and teacher nearby or if that is not possible at least online.
Open Dharma Meditation Group
If you want to form a meditation group in your area we recommend adapting these rules.
- Groups are not a suitable replacement for a sangha. They are for practicing together and talking about practice and challenges.
- There is no group leader or owner.
- Groups are free. There are no fees or donations to unlock perks.
- Groups don't focus on one single teacher and his books.
- Groups welcome criticism from outside and take it seriously.
- Groups are not quality controlled. We depend on members of a group to report if a group does not agree with this code of conduct. If a group does not feel right, there is nothing wrong with founding your own group.
- Connect practicioners with an authentic sangha nearby.
- Make you feel better and empower you as a human being.
- Advertise the group and help people that are too far away to found and advertise their own group.